Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh, The Fun We Will Have

Thus far, we are mostly enjoying the homeschool experience! :) For me, the mom, I have to get up pretty early to feel I have a good start on the day, and I spend a lot of it in prayer to help arrange my priorities. There are lots of plans to come up with and also to think about new activities for fun.

Doesn't Aaron look really interested?


The boys, at first, thought that school at home would be easy (or easier than school). But, they are not finding that right now. Language arts is review right now, but their math curriculum is quite fast-paced and challenging. The history and literature curriculum is really neat. Lots of geography, interesting stories, and interesting people in history. Music is something that is important; Ethan is taking guitar and violin lessons and Aaron is taking piano. Through the history program, the kids do art too. Science also is favorite (because they do it with Dad!). Right now they are also observing harvester ants and journaling their observations.

Ethan working hard at his journaling.

Here are some pictures of the harvester ants.

Another of the kids doing an art project.



2 comments:

MamaM said...

I totally admire you for homeschooling! What a fantastic challenge.I'm sure you and the boys will have fun. Best of luck!

The Schneidimotos said...

Hi Jodi!
I think the email address I have for you is old...bounced back.

I didn't catch your comment on our blog until way after you wrote it, because I don't have the alert turned on for some reason. but it was so good to hear from you!!

I just visited your blog and saw that you are homeschooling again! How is it going? I'm sure it's very challenging but also rewarding. I would love to hear more about it.

I would love to catch up soon and get the kids together whenever you have the time. Just let me know-

We're around for the holidays if there's any free time then, or January's good too!

I've missed you!
You can email me at lokimoto@mindspring.com still.